Happy New Year everyone! It’s so good to feel that another year has passed and we can start off fresh. I have seen so many memes on social media, and it makes me reflect of the past year that I’ve had. I must admit, it wasn’t at all bad. Yes, I had a few mountains to climb on the way, but thats all part of the adventure right? Compared to the years before, 2016 has been good to me, and I believe that 2017 is going to be even bigger and better!
So… New Years Resolution time… I don’t normally share this with anyone but I figured I would like to share a few…
- Manage my time more efficiently – I figured that if I manage my time better, I won’t feel as busy as I normally would be. It’s just that I tend to muddle up a lot of things and everything becomes a priority for me! Now with varsity as a huge part of my life. I’m going to have to put down a proper schedule. (LOL, look at me being all grown up and stuff)
- Consistency – There can never be too much of this. Even though I basically have mastered it, there is still room for improvement. Now all of you can back me up and remind me when I slack up a bit. (You have my email addy)
- Bursary – I know this may not seem like a big deal to some people, but to me it really is. I have got to work hard on my studies this year so that I can get a bursary or even sponsorship for my studies next year… Hey! Anything is possible
- Building the Youth – I’m not sure if many of you know but I assist my boyfriend, along with our other youth leaders at Living Word Legacy Youth. I am so privileged to be able to speak into the lives of young people and to push them forward and help them make a better future for themselves. It’s been a huge passion of mine for many years, whether it be in our church Youth or through my social media and blog. I always live by my favorite quote – ” If your dream doesn’t scare you, its not big enough!” If I can go through the year impacting atleast one person every week, I have fulfilled my purpose.
- Believe in myself – I am always determined to push myself beyond my boundaries, and even though I live by the quote above, sometimes I can take someone else’s advice better than I take my own. I need to learn to push myself and even at my darkest moments, I need to believe that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
- Draw Closer to God – I am a complete Jesus freak. Yes, many of my friends already know this, LOL. I love the Lord and I am all for planting into His Kingdom. But sometimes I feel we spend more time impacting other, spending time with others, loving others, that we have no time for Him. One of my goals is that I can be more like Him, and know His voice when He calls my name, and also to spread the Love that He has given us. I don’t want to go to Heaven alone, if I can take all of you with me!
- Exercise more – No explanation needed here. LOL
Anyways, that’s just a few of my New Year Resolutions that I though I should share with you. Do you have any? Leave a comment below, I would love to hear about it!
Oh, and thanks Mom for these awesome images. LOL. I think I’ve got a new photographer you guys! 😀
Let’s hook up on social media, I wanna see what you’ve been up to these holidays!
Facebook – Mi’chal Naidoo – The Blog
Images by my Mom Dress : Tally Weijl Choker : We Wear Gems (@weweargems)